Friday, November 2, 2012

Studio Happenings


This week in the studio I'm working on several finished art pieces and trying to decide how to render them. I work up very small sketches on Dollar Store newsprint sketch paper (also a nice thing to have on hand for my 3 daughters who like to draw!) I then enlarge those sketches to use as a guide for my finished drawings. The question that always seems to take some time deciding: How should I render the finished art? I love the spontaneity of small sketches and the energy they have. Finding the same energy for the finished pieces means finding a medium that allows me to draw quickly.
Above drawing: Finished Pencil on Stonehenge Sketch Paper and colorized in Photoshop
Above drawing: Technique study for finished art...Pencil on Mylar with digital color. An nice medium that gives mw a fluid line, but I miss the grainy texture of the Stonehenge Sketch Paper.





Above Sketches: Done on cheap newsprint and drawn very small.





Above: New technique I'm working on. Pencil on wood.

Ok, that's what's happening in the studio today. Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Lori, these are all just wonderful! I LOVE the little guy on wood! So glad to see what you are up to :)

    ReplyDelete